The Jamaica Plain Troupe is for young people ages 8 to 12. The Troupe mounts two original musicals a year. Physical and vocal techniques, character development and dance skills are taught in the rehearsal process.
The JP Troupe meets on Tuesdays at Hope Church in JP, 3:45-6:00 pm, with two weekend rehearsals during each session. Production week and opening performances are at the Footlight Club in JP, in January and May. The Troupe then tours each show throughout the community as a social service. Enrollment is in September and January. Cost: $525 per session (includes a $50 non-refundable registration fee).
FALL 2017 ENROLLMENT IS CLOSED
Check Back in December for Spring 2018 enrollment information!
There is currently a waiting list for our Jamaica Plain Troupe.
Please call our office at 617-524-7045 or Email Info@FreelancePlayers.org and we would happy to add your name to the list.
Returning Players (includes rising from another Troupe) will have their first meeting on Tuesday, September 19th, 3:45-6:00pm at the Hope Church, Jamaica Plain. If you won't be returning to the Players, or if you have questions, please contact Director Kippy Dewey at (617)274-6065.
New actor auditions will be held on Tuesday, September 12th at the Hope Church, Jamaica Plain. Auditions are by appointment; to schedule an audition, please call Kippy Dewey at (617)274-6065. Click here for more information on the audition process.
FALL 2017 DATES
- Thursday, December 14th Open dress rehearsal at 4:15 pm.
- Opening: Friday December 15th, The Footlight Club, 5:30 pm.
- Tuesday Rehearsals take place at The Hope Church, 85 Seaverns Street, JP
- The Footlight Club, 7A Eliot Street, Jamaica Plain
- Director: Zachary Stuart
- Musical Director: Jeff Kimball
- Choreographer: Holly Tarnower
- Assistant Director: Gwen Coburn
- Costume Design: Lili Meisel
- Tuesdays 3:45pm- 6:00pm Hope Church, Jamaica Plain
- Saturday December 9th, 1:00-4:00pm Footlight Club, Jamaica Plain
- Second Saturday TBA
At the Footlight Club, 7A Eliot Street, Jamaica Plain.
We need everyone in the cast to be present every day.
- Monday, December 11th, 3:45 pm-6:00 pm
- Tuesday, December 12th, 3:45 pm-6:00 pm
- Wednesday, December 13th, 3:45 pm-6:00 pm
- Thursday, December 14th 3:45 pm-6:00 pm. Open dress rehearsal at 4:15 pm.
- Friday, December 15th, 3:45 followed by Opening performance at 5:30 pm.