The Jamaica Plain Troupe is for young people ages 8 to 12. The Troupe mounts two original musicals a year. Physical and vocal techniques, character development and dance skills are taught in the rehearsal process.
The JP Troupe meets on Tuesdays at Hope Church in JP, 3:45-6:00 pm, with two weekend rehearsals during each session. Production week and opening performances are at the Footlight Club in JP, in January and May. The Troupe then tours each show throughout the community as a social service. Enrollment is in September and January. Cost: $525 per session (includes a $50 non-refundable registration fee).
FALL 2017 ENROLLMENT
Enrollment for RETURNING STUDENTS will be open for Fall 2017 beginning July 10, 2017
Enrollment for NEW STUDENTS will be open for Fall 2017 beginning August 1, 2017
Returning Players (includes rising from another Troupe) will have their first meeting on Tuesday, September 19th, 3:45-6:00pm at the Hope Church, Jamaica Plain. Please use the button below to enroll for Fall 2017. If you won't be returning to the Players, or if you have questions, please contact Director Kippy Dewey at (617)274-6065.
New actor auditions will be held on Tuesday, September 12th at the Hope Church, Jamaica Plain. Auditions are by appointment; to schedule an audition, please call Kippy Dewey at (617)274-6065. Click here for more information on the audition process.
FALL 2017 DATES
- December, 2017
- Tuesday Rehearsals take place at The Hope Church, 85 Seaverns Street, JP
- The Footlight Club, 7A Eliot Street, Jamaica Plain
- Director: Zachary Stuart
- Musical Director: Jeff Kimball
- Choreographer: Holly Tarnower
- Assistant Director: Alissa Darsa
- Costume Design: Lili Meisel
- Tuesdays 3:45pm- 6:00pm Hope Church, Jamaica Plain
One Saturday, TBD
At the Footlight Club, 7A Eliot Street, Jamaica Plain.
We need everyone in the cast to be present every day.
- December, 2017
- Monday 3:45 pm -6:00 pm
- Tuesday 3:45 pm -6:00 pm
- Wednesday 3:45 pm-6:00 pm
- Thursday 3:45 pm- 6:00 pm
- Friday 3:45 followed by Opening performance at 5:30pm.