The Newton Troupe is for young people ages 8 to 12. The Troupe mounts two original musicals a year. Physical and vocal techniques, character development and dance skills are taught in the rehearsal process.
The Newton Troupe meets on Mondays at the Parish of St. Paul in Newton Highlands, 3:30-5:45 pm, with two weekend rehearsals during each session. Opening performances are at St. Paul’s in January and May. The Troupe then tours each show throughout the community as a social service. Enrollment is in September and January. Cost: $520 per session (includes a $50 non-refundable registration fee).
SPRING 2017 ENROLLMENT
Enrollment will be open for Spring 2017 beginning December 19, 2016
New actor auditions will be held on Monday, January 23, 3:30-5:45 at the Parish of St. Paul, Newton. Auditions are by appointment; to schedule an audition, please call Kippy Dewey at (617)274-6065. Click here for more information on the audition process. Once you have spoken to Kippy use the button below to enroll.
Returning actors (includes rising from another Troupe) will have their first meeting on Monday, January 23, 3:30-5:45 at the Parish of St. Paul, Newton. Please use the button below to enroll for Spring 2017. Rehearsal, production and performance dates are below the Fall 2016 dates. If you won't be returning to the Players, or if you have questions, please contact Director Kippy Dewey at (617)274-6065.
SPRING 2017 DATES
- Friday, May 12, Location TBD
- Monday, May 15, Location TBD
- Wednesday, May 17, Location TBD
- The Episcopal Parish of St. Paul, 1135 Walnut St.Newton Highlands
- Director: Sally Campbell at (508) 277-3434; email@example.com
- Music Director: Jeff Kimball
- Choreographer: Peter Diamond
- Mondays, 3:30-5:45 starting January 23rd
- Saturday, April 29th, 9:00-noon
- There will be NO rehearsal 2/13 as the schools are CLOSED
- Additional Saturday Rehearsals TBD
- NOTICE: There is a location change for Saturday, May 6th: Rehearsal will be held at the NEWTON NORTH HIGH SCHOOL LITTLE THEATRE, 457 Walnut Street, Newton
- Enter through the gray doors near the theater entrance parking lot. Signs will be posted. Please contact Sally Campbell if you have questions.
- Saturday, May 6,from 9:00 AM -12:00 PM
- Monday, May 8, 3:30 PM - 5:45 PM
- Tuesady, May 9, 3:30 PM- 5:45 PM
- Wednesday, May 10, 3:30 PM- 5:45 PM
- Thursday, May 11, 3:30 PM -5:45 PM
- Friday, May 12, 3:30 PM, followed by opening performance at 5:30PM